I have just connected the system to my TV and started it up. The boot logo came up as a black screen with Xbox on it. Nothing is happening though. I have synced the controller with the system but it is stuck on this black screen and won’t let me progress with the system setup.
The setup of the Xbox series X is a little different to previous consoles. You will need to follow the steps below in order the setup the system.
- Start up the system. In your case, you will need to turn it off and on again.
- Install the Xbox app for your phone.
- Load the app and click the setup console option.
- Follow the steps here. It will likely need a firmware update.
- Once this is all done, you will be able to use your console.