This is the second time I have had this problem now and I am starting to think it is a problem with the Dualsense controller. Both times it has happened while playing astrobot.
The game keeps going as normal. Music playing, everything on screen still moving around as normal but nothing happens when I press any buttons on the controller. If I press the PS button, nothing happens. I can’t return to the system menu, I can’t interact with the game.
I tried pressing the power button and the system went Into rest mode but now it won’t turn back on with the controller. If I press the power button the system turns back on but the Dualsense won’t connect to it. I have tried connecting the controller via USB and it won’t connect.
I’m not sure what causes this to happen, I’m not sure if there has been any official word on it. The only fix seems to be to restart the system. Try the following steps. This will likely result in you getting a warning that the system was not shut down correctly.
- Press and hold the share button and PS button. This should disconnect the controller.
- Press the PS button to see if the controller reconnects
- If not, press and hold the power button on the ps5 for a second and you should hear a beep. The system should go Into rest mode.
- When in rest mode, press and hold the power button again and keep holding until you hear another beep.
- Once the system is fully powered off, press the power button to reboot. You will get the error saying the system wasn’t shut down correctly.
- Press the PS button on the controller and you should be able to use the system again as normal.