Hey there, fellow outlaws! Red Dead Redemption 2 is an incredibly vast and immersive game, filled with countless secrets and Easter eggs just waiting to be discovered. So, grab your saddle and let’s take a leisurely ride through some of the coolest hidden gems in Rockstar’s wild west masterpiece.
Table Of Contents
1. The Mysterious UFO Sightings
Ever imagined witnessing a UFO while roaming the wild west? Well, Red Dead Redemption 2 has got you covered. Head over to a small, creepy shack north of Emerald Ranch, and you’ll find a note called “Mysterious Sermon.” Follow the instructions, return to the shack at 2 AM, and prepare to be amazed as a UFO hovers above! But that’s not all – there’s another UFO sighting at Mount Shann, so keep your eyes on the skies, partner!
- The first UFO sighting is at an old, decrepit shack located to the north of Emerald Ranch. Inside the shack, look for a note titled “Mysterious Sermon” – this is your hint to the event. Make a note of the contents, which hint at the UFO appearance.
- Wait until it is 2 AM in the game, and then return to the shack. Look up and witness a UFO hovering in the night sky.
- The second sighting is on Mount Shann, only after you have seen the first UFO. Reach the peak of the mountain at night and be amazed by another extraterrestrial visitation.
2. Bigfoot’s Cousin: The Giant
If you thought the wild west was just about outlaws and cowboys, think again. In Red Dead Redemption 2, you can encounter a friendly giant hidden in the mountains. To find him, head to a point between the “B” and “R” of the “Big Valley” text on the map. You’ll hear a deep voice, and if you follow it, you’ll stumble upon a cave where the giant resides. He’s a bit shy, but he’s got some interesting things to say.
- Travel to the area between the “B” and “R” of the “Big Valley” text on the map. You will hear a deep voice echoing around.
- Follow the voice to a cave in the vicinity, where you will find a friendly (albeit lonely) giant who is ready for a chat.
3. The Hobbit House
Are you a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth? Then you’ll love this Easter egg. In the heart of the Grizzlies East, you can find a peculiar little house built into a hillside. The round door and cozy interior are a clear nod to the hobbit holes of the Shire. Sadly, there aren’t any hobbits around, but it’s still a charming place to visit.
- This hobbit-style house is found in the Grizzlies East. Keep an eye out for a house built into the side of a hill, identifiable by its round door.
- Explore the interior for some quaint and charming details, although there are no hobbits to be found.
4. The Ghost Train
Ghosts and the supernatural have always been a part of folklore, and Red Dead Redemption 2 is no exception. One spooky night, if you’re near the Lemoyne sign on the map, you might just witness a ghost train passing by. It’s a chilling sight, with eerie green lights and a phantom conductor. Just make sure you don’t stand on the tracks when it comes barreling through!
- Travel to the area around the Lemoyne sign on the map during the late-night hours.
- Pay attention to the sounds and lights, and you’ll eventually witness the eerie spectacle of a ghost train rumbling past. Avoid standing on the tracks!
5. The Vampire of Saint Denis
If you thought vampires were only found in Transylvania, think again. In the bustling city of Saint Denis, you can uncover a series of mysterious writings on walls that hint at the presence of a bloodsucker. Piece together the clues, and you’ll eventually encounter the vampire himself in a dark alley. Just be prepared for a fang-tastic showdown!
- Start your vampire hunt in the city of Saint Denis. Look for mysterious writings scattered on walls across the city.
- Put together the clues from these writings, which will lead you to a dark alley.
- Visit this location at night, and you’ll come face to face with a vampire. Prepare for a tense encounter!
6. The Strange Statues Puzzle
Hidden away in a cave in the northern part of the map, you’ll find a room filled with mysterious statues. Each statue has a button at its base, and pressing them in the correct sequence will reveal a secret stash of gold bars. Figuring out the right order is a fun challenge, and the reward is definitely worth the effort.
- Head to a cave located in the northern part of the map. Inside, you will find a room full of strange statues.
- Each statue has a button at its base. Press these buttons in the correct sequence to reveal a secret stash of gold bars. Note that the correct sequence can be deduced from a drawing found elsewhere in the cave.
7. The Donkey Lady
Last but not least, we have a bizarre and hilarious Easter egg that pays homage to a similar glitch from the original Red Dead Redemption. Near the town of Armadillo, you might come across a donkey that looks a bit… off. Upon closer inspection, you’ll find that it’s actually a woman with a donkey’s body! It’s a weird and funny nod to the first game that’s sure to make you chuckle.
- Travel to the town of Armadillo, and be on the lookout for an odd-looking donkey.
- Upon closer inspection, you’ll see that it’s actually a woman with a donkey’s body. This is a humorous reference to a famous glitch in the original Red Dead Redemption game.
These are just a few of the many hidden Easter eggs and secrets scattered throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption 2. So, keep exploring, and who knows what other surprises you’ll stumble upon in this incredible wild west adventure!