Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game with a rich narrative that often presents players with choices that can impact the story’s progression, character relationships, and the player’s honor. One such decision occurs during the stranger mission “No Good Deed.” In this mission, players can choose to return the stolen wagon to the doctor or keep it for themselves. This informative guide will provide an overview of this decision and its consequences, helping you make an informed choice during the mission.
“No Good Deed” is a stranger mission that can be found in the town of Rhodes. Arthur Morgan encounters a doctor who is distraught because his wagon, filled with medical supplies, has been stolen. The doctor pleads with Arthur to retrieve the wagon and return it to him, as the supplies are desperately needed by the townspeople.
The Decision: Return the Stolen Wagon or Keep It
Once Arthur locates the stolen wagon, the game will prompt you to make a decision: either return the wagon to the doctor or keep it for yourself. The outcome of this choice will affect the mission’s progression, the player’s honor, and the rewards received. Here’s a breakdown of the consequences for each option:
Option 1: Return the Stolen Wagon to the Doctor
If you choose to return the stolen wagon to the doctor, Arthur will bring the wagon back to Rhodes, and the doctor will be grateful for your help. This choice will result in the following consequences:
- An increase in Arthur’s honor level.
- A reward from the doctor, which may include money or free medical supplies.
- A positive impact on the town of Rhodes, as the medical supplies will benefit the townspeople.
Option 2: Keep the Stolen Wagon for Yourself
If you decide to keep the stolen wagon for yourself, Arthur will not return the wagon to the doctor, and the medical supplies will not reach the townspeople in need. This choice will lead to the following consequences:
- A decrease in Arthur’s honor level.
- No reward from the doctor.
- A negative impact on the town of Rhodes, as the townspeople will continue to suffer without the necessary medical supplies.
Factors to Consider
When making the decision to return the stolen wagon or keep it in the “No Good Deed” mission, consider the following factors:
- Your desired honor level: If you want to maintain a high honor level, returning the wagon to the doctor is the better choice. Conversely, if you’re aiming for a low honor level, keeping the wagon for yourself is the way to go.
- Rewards: Returning the wagon to the doctor will result in a reward, while keeping the wagon for yourself will not yield any reward from the doctor.
- Impact on the town of Rhodes: Your decision will affect the well-being of the townspeople. Returning the wagon will benefit the community, whereas keeping it will leave them without necessary medical supplies.
The “No Good Deed” decision in Red Dead Redemption 2 is an example of the game’s dynamic narrative, where choices have consequences and impact the overall experience. When making this decision, consider the factors mentioned above and how they align with your desired playstyle and narrative experience. Ultimately, the choice is yours, and each option offers a unique outcome that shapes your journey through the wild west.