Red Dead Redemption 2, the critically acclaimed open-world game by Rockstar Games, offers players a rich and immersive experience in the American Wild West. One of the essential aspects of the game is its economy, which features different in-game currencies that players can use to buy various items, services, and upgrades. This guide will provide you with an informative overview of the different in-game currencies and how they are traded in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Primary Currencies In RDR2
There are two primary currencies in Red Dead Redemption 2: Cash and Gold Bars.
Cash is the most common currency in the game, and it can be earned through various activities. This guide will cover lots of methods to earn money in RDR2 such as:
- Completing story missions and side missions
- Looting corpses, chests, and other containers
- Selling items and valuables to vendors
- Participating in mini-games such as poker, blackjack, and dominoes
- Hunting and selling animal pelts, meat, and other resources
- Robbing NPCs, stores, and stagecoaches
Cash can be used to purchase a wide range of items and services. One of the more important things to be spending cash on is upgrading your camp but there are lots of things that you need to be spending money on in RDR2 including:
- Weapons and weapon upgrades
- Clothing and customization options
- Horse equipment and stable services
- Camp upgrades and supplies
- Consumables such as food, tonics, and ammunition
- Paying off bounties and other debts
Gold Bars are a premium currency in Red Dead Redemption 2, and they are mainly used to acquire exclusive items and services that cannot be purchased with cash. There are lots of ways to easily earn gold bars in RDR2. Gold Bars can be obtained through the following methods:
- Completing certain missions and activities
- Participating in special events and promotions
- Finding hidden treasure chests
- Purchasing with real-world money through the in-game store
Gold Bars can be used to buy:
- Exclusive clothing items and customization options
- Special horse breeds and equipment
- High-end weapons and weapon upgrades
- Camp upgrades and services
- Skipping rank requirements for certain items
Trading and Transactions
In Red Dead Redemption 2, players can trade and interact with various NPCs and vendors throughout the game world. Trading can be done in the following ways:
General Stores can be found in most towns and settlements. They offer a wide range of items for purchase, such as clothing, consumables, and ammunition. Players can also sell various items and valuables to these stores.
Gunsmiths specialize in selling and upgrading weapons. Players can purchase new firearms, modify existing weapons, and buy ammunition at these establishments.
Stables provide services related to horses and horse care. Players can buy, sell, and customize horses, as well as purchase horse equipment such as saddles and stirrups.
The Fence is a special vendor that deals in stolen goods and illegal items. Players can sell stolen items, valuables, and stagecoach loot to the Fence, as well as purchase unique weapons and items that are not available elsewhere.
The Trapper is a vendor that specializes in crafting unique clothing items and equipment using animal pelts and other resources. Players can sell animal pelts, meat, and other hunting resources to the Trapper and commission custom-made clothing and gear.
Understanding the different in-game currencies and trading options in Red Dead Redemption 2 is crucial to making the most of your experience in the Wild West. By engaging in various activities, missions, and interactions with NPCs, you can earn cash and gold bars to purchase items, upgrades, and services that enhance your gameplay and immerse you in the world of Red Dead Redemption 2.