Error Code NP-104291-7 is an issue that PlayStation 5 users may encounter when trying to access specific content on their console. This error indicates that the license information for the content cannot be confirmed, which can be due to various reasons, such as account-related issues, server problems, or corrupted data. The error may come with the message “An error occurred because the licence information of the content cannot be confirmed.”.
In this guide, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot and resolve this error, so you can enjoy the content on your PS5 without any issues.
Table Of Contents
Step 1: Check the PlayStation™ Network Service Status
Before attempting any troubleshooting steps, it’s essential to check whether the PlayStation™ Network is experiencing any server issues or undergoing maintenance. You can do this by visiting the PlayStation™ Network Service Status page. If there are any ongoing issues or maintenance, wait for the service to resume normal operation and try accessing the content again.
Step 2: Restore Licenses
Restoring licenses can help resolve issues with content licenses on your PS5. To restore licenses on PS5, take the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Restore Licenses on your PS5.
- Select Restore and wait for the process to complete.
Once the licenses have been restored, try accessing the content again to see if the error has been resolved.
Step 3: Verify Your PS5’s Primary Account
Ensure that the PS5 is set as the primary console for the account associated with the content. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Console Sharing and Offline Play on your PS5.
- Make sure Console Sharing and Offline Play is enabled.
If your PS5 is not set as the primary console for your account, enable Console Sharing and Offline Play, and try accessing the content again.
Step 4: Rebuild the PS5 Database
Rebuilding the PS5 database can fix issues caused by corrupted data. To rebuild the database:
- Turn off your PS5 by holding the power button for a few seconds until you hear a second beep.
- Press and hold the power button again until you hear two beeps (approximately 7 seconds apart).
- Connect your DualSense controller to the PS5 using a USB cable and press the PS button.
- In the Safe Mode menu, select Rebuild Database and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that rebuilding the database may take some time, depending on the amount of data on your PS5. Once the process is complete, try accessing the content again.
Step 5: Update Your PS5’s System Software
Make sure your PS5’s system software is up-to-date by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to download and install it.
Step 6: Contact PlayStation™ Support
If the error persists after trying all the steps above, contact PlayStation™ Support for further assistance. They can help you identify the cause of the issue and provide guidance on how to resolve it.
By following this guide, you should be able to resolve the PS5 Error Code NP-104291-7 and enjoy the content on your PlayStation 5 without any issues.