If you’ve encountered the PS5 error code CE-118446-4, this guide will provide you with detailed information about the error, its causes, and potential solutions to help you resolve the issue. This error occurs when there is a problem updating the system software on your PlayStation 5 console.
Table Of Contents
What is Error CE-118446-4?
Error CE-118446-4 is a PS5 error code that appears when there is an issue updating the system software on your PlayStation 5 console. This error can prevent you from taking advantage of the latest features, improvements, and security updates, which can be frustrating for gamers who want to keep their console up to date.
Causes of Error CE-118446-4
There are several reasons why error CE-118446-4 might occur:
- Server issues: Sometimes, the error might be due to server issues on the side of PlayStation Network (PSN). In such cases, the error is usually temporary and resolves itself once the server issues are fixed.
- Internet connection issues: The error might also occur if there’s an issue with your internet connection, such as slow speeds, high latency, or intermittent connectivity.
- Corrupted update file: The error might occur if the update file downloaded to your console is corrupted or incomplete.
Potential Solutions for Error CE-118446-4
Here are some potential solutions to help you resolve error CE-118446-4:
Solution 1: Check for Server Issues
If there are server issues, you might need to wait until they are resolved before attempting to update your system software again.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure that your internet connection is stable and has sufficient speed to download the update:
- Test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection on your PS5 console.
- If the test shows slow speeds or high latency, try restarting your modem/router and your PS5 console.
- If the issue persists, consider using a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi, if possible, to ensure a more stable connection.
Solution 3: Delete the Update File and Redownload
If the update file downloaded to your console is corrupted or incomplete, you can try deleting the file and redownloading it:
- Go to Settings > System > System Software > Update and Settings > Update System Software on your PS5 console.
- Select Delete Update File and confirm your selection.
- Restart your PS5 console.
- Go back to Settings > System > System Software > Update and Settings > Update System Software and select Update Using Internet to redownload the update file.
Solution 4: Update Your PS5 System Software in Safe Mode
If the previous solutions don’t work, you can try updating your PS5 system software in Safe Mode:
- Turn off your PS5 console by pressing the power button and waiting for the power indicator to turn off completely.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep (approximately 7 seconds after the first beep).
- Connect your DualSense controller to your PS5 console using a USB cable and press the PS button.
- In the Safe Mode menu, select Option 3: Update System Software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Error CE-118446-4 can be frustrating, but by following the potential solutions outlined in this guide, you should be able to resolve the issue and successfully update your PS5 system software. If the error persists, you might need to contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.