If you get the PS4 error NW-31201-7 it means there is some kind of network issue that is preventing you from being able to access the Playstation Network. This is a vague issue and like any network issue, they can be difficult to give a one size fits all solution for, but chances are, your issue is caused by one of the items below.
- PSN is down
- Your home network is down.
- Something is interfiering with your PS4s wifi connection.
- There is a lot of network traffic causing your PS4 to think it is down
How To Fix Error NW-31201-7
As i mentioned above network issues can be very hard to fix without knowing the individuals specific problem. I will attempt to give my best possible answers on what you can do as a checklist to see what is wrong.
- It is unlikely that PSN is down, but it is worth checking the website or Twitter page to see if they have announced any network outages.
- Check your home network. Are you able to access the internet using other devices? For example, can you access a website on your laptop that is connected to the home wifi?
- If the wifi is working fine for other devices, try restarting the PS4.
- If restarting the PS4 didn't work, check to see if there is something else in the house that is using a lot of the bandwidth on your network. Someone who is downloading games or streaming HD video could cause a slow network connection to fall down.
- Restart your router. The PS4 seems a little more sensitive to network issues compared to other devices. A router restart might resolve the issue. Restarting the PS4 might also be a good idea when the router has restarted.
Loading Text Editor