If you’ve encountered the PS5 error WS-116367-4, it means that your access to the PlayStation Network (PSN) has been temporarily suspended. You may also get the WS-116331-5 error for a similar issue. This guide will provide you with helpful information on the cause of this error, potential solutions, and preventative measures to avoid future suspensions.
Causes of Error WS-116367-4
There are several reasons why your access to PSN might be suspended, including:
- Violation of the PlayStation Network Terms of Service (ToS): If you have violated the ToS, which includes rules regarding harassment, hate speech, cheating, or sharing offensive content, your account may be temporarily or permanently suspended.
- Account security issues: If your account has been compromised or is suspected of being used for fraudulent activities, PlayStation may suspend your access to protect your personal information and the integrity of the network.
- Billing issues: If there are any unresolved billing issues related to your account, such as unpaid subscription fees or chargebacks, your access to PSN may be suspended.
To resolve the error WS-116367-4 and regain access to PSN, you can try the following steps:
- Check your email: PlayStation will usually send an email to the address associated with your account, explaining the reason for the suspension and the duration of the suspension. Make sure to check your spam or junk folders as well.
- Resolve any billing issues: If the suspension is due to unpaid fees or chargebacks, you’ll need to settle these issues with PlayStation. You can do this by visiting the PlayStation Store and updating your payment information or by contacting PlayStation Support to discuss the issue.
- Contact PlayStation Support: If you believe your account has been suspended in error or you need further assistance, reach out to PlayStation Support for help.
To avoid encountering error WS-116367-4 in the future, consider taking the following steps:
- Familiarize yourself with the PlayStation Network Terms of Service: Make sure you understand and adhere to the rules outlined in the ToS to avoid any violations that could lead to a suspension.
- Secure your account: Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your PlayStation account to add an extra layer of security and help prevent unauthorized access.
- Monitor your billing information: Keep your payment information up to date and ensure that you promptly address any billing issues that may arise.
In conclusion, error WS-116367-4 indicates that your access to the PlayStation Network has been suspended. By understanding the causes, addressing the issue that led to the suspension, and taking preventative measures, you can regain access to PSN and enjoy a seamless gaming experience.