Experiencing tracking issues with your PSVR2 headset on PS5 can be frustrating, but don’t worry! This guide will help you identify and fix common tracking problems to ensure a seamless virtual reality experience.
Table Of Contents
- Common Tracking Issues and Their Causes
- Eliminate Reflective Surfaces and Bright Lights
- Clear the Play Area
- Recalibrate the PSVR2 Headset
- Common Questions About PSVR2 Tracking Issues
- Q: Why does my PSVR2 headset keep drifting to one side?
- Q: My PSVR2 headset’s position is shaky or unstable. What can I do?
- Q: Why does my PSVR2 headset lose tracking completely?
- Q: Can other electronic devices interfere with PSVR2 tracking?
- Q: Does the distance between the PSVR2 headset and the PS5 console affect tracking?
- Additional Troubleshooting Tips
Common Tracking Issues and Their Causes
Before diving into the solutions, let’s understand the common tracking issues and their possible causes:
- Drifting: The virtual world seems to move or rotate even when you’re not moving your head.
- Jittering: The headset’s position appears shaky or unstable.
- Loss of tracking: The headset loses tracking completely, causing the virtual environment to freeze or disappear.
These issues can be caused by:
- Interference from reflective surfaces or bright lights
- Obstructions in the play area
- Inaccurate calibration
Eliminate Reflective Surfaces and Bright Lights
Reflective surfaces like mirrors, windows, or shiny furniture can interfere with the PSVR2’s tracking system. Similarly, bright lights, sunlight, or even the light from your TV can cause tracking issues. To fix this:
- Remove or cover reflective surfaces: Remove mirrors, glass items, or other reflective surfaces from the play area. If you can’t remove them, cover them with a non-reflective material like a blanket or curtains.
- Control lighting: Close curtains or blinds to block sunlight, or dim the room lights. Avoid using lamps or lights that directly shine on the play area or the PSVR2 headset.
Clear the Play Area
Ensure your play area is free of obstructions that could interfere with the headset’s tracking system. Keep furniture, pets, or other objects out of the play area to avoid tracking issues and potential accidents.
Recalibrate the PSVR2 Headset
If you’re still experiencing tracking issues, try recalibrating your PSVR2 headset using the following steps:
- Go to Settings: On your PS5, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Devices: In the Settings menu, choose the Devices option.
- Choose PlayStation VR: Under Devices, select the PlayStation VR option.
- Adjust tracking: In the PlayStation VR menu, choose Adjust Tracking Lights. Follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate your headset, making sure to hold it steady during the process.
Common Questions About PSVR2 Tracking Issues
Here are some common questions people have regarding tracking issues with the PSVR2 headset and their answers:
Q: Why does my PSVR2 headset keep drifting to one side?
A: Drifting is a common tracking issue where the virtual world appears to move or rotate even when you’re not moving your head. This can be caused by interference from reflective surfaces or bright lights. To fix this, remove or cover reflective surfaces and control the lighting in your play area.
Q: My PSVR2 headset’s position is shaky or unstable. What can I do?
A: Jittering or shaky tracking can be caused by obstructions in your play area or inaccurate calibration. Make sure your play area is free of objects that could interfere with the headset’s tracking system. If the problem persists, try recalibrating your PSVR2 headset using the steps mentioned in the guide above.
Q: Why does my PSVR2 headset lose tracking completely?
A: Loss of tracking can be caused by various factors, including interference from reflective surfaces or bright lights, obstructions in the play area, or inaccurate calibration. Follow the troubleshooting steps in the guide above to eliminate these factors. If the issue persists, consider contacting PlayStation Support for further assistance.
Q: Can other electronic devices interfere with PSVR2 tracking?
A: While it’s not common, some electronic devices like routers, cordless phones, or other wireless devices can potentially cause interference with the PSVR2’s tracking system. If you suspect interference from other devices, try moving them away from your play area or temporarily turning them off to see if the tracking issues improve.
Q: Does the distance between the PSVR2 headset and the PS5 console affect tracking?
A: The distance between the PSVR2 headset and the PS5 console should not affect tracking as long as the headset is within the recommended play area. However, ensure that the headset’s cable is not tangled or obstructed, as this can cause tracking issues or damage to the cable.
Remember to follow the troubleshooting steps in the guide above to fix common tracking issues with your PSVR2 headset. If you continue to experience problems, don’t hesitate to contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips
If the above solutions don’t resolve your tracking issues, try these additional tips:
- Update your PS5 and PSVR2 firmware: Ensure your PS5 and PSVR2 headset are running the latest software updates.
- Power cycle your PS5 and PSVR2: Turn off your PS5 and PSVR2, unplug them for a few minutes, and then plug them back in and power them on.
- Contact PlayStation Support: If all else fails, reach out to PlayStation Support for further assistance.
By following this guide, you should be able to fix most tracking issues with your PSVR2 headset on PS5. Enjoy your immersive virtual reality experience!