There are a few different things that will affect the happiness of your vault dwellers. Keeping them happy is a critical aspect of running a successful vault in this game. Unhappy people will result in more accidents and less resources. In general, it’s quite easy to keep everyone in your vault happy if you follow these steps. Here is how to raise vault dweller happiness in Fallout Shelter.
Raise Vault Dweller Happiness
- In general, the happiness will slowly increase provided you have a vault that is in good condition. Make sure you have enough food, water, and power to keep your vault running smoothly. This will slowly boost happiness.
- When dwellers level up they will get a little green arrow above their heads. This gives a slight boost to happiness.
- Making a baby is the best way by far to do this. When you want to make a baby try to find 2 of the most unhappy dwellers. Once they have sex they will be at (or close) to 100% happiness.
Things That Decrease Happiness
- The first thing that will decrease happiness is not having enough supplies for all of your dwellers. You need to make sure that water food and power are all green in order to keep your vault running smoothly.
- Incidents will decrease happiness, especially if it spreads to another room. There is little you can do to prevent this, but if you handle the incident quickly so it doesn’t spread it will help things. Make sure not to have too many pregnant women at once, they run away when there is an incident in the room they are in.
- Rushing rooms has the potential to greatly decrease happiness. On top of this there is a risk of an incident occurring if the rush fails which will damage the happiness even further.