- Author : ram ツ
- Time To Complete : 40+ Hours
- Difficulty : 3
- Online : 0/39
- Offline : 39/39
- Missable : –
- Glitched : –
- Num Playthroughs : 2
Hello and welcome to my LEGO Hobbit Achievement guide, based on my playthrough and how long I spent playing the game, here is my view on the achievements and how difficult/long will take you to complete.
- Estimated Difficulty – 3/10
- Approximate time to 100% – 40+ Hours
- Playthroughs Needed – 2 (Story and then free play)
The game really isn’t that taxing, it is a very big game however, much like LEGO Marvel Superheroes and it will take time to get everything, you can however fast travel though, so that is a plus.Achievement Walkthrough Toggle Toggle Walkthrough
- Alfrid – FAVZTR
- Azog – 84ZZSI
- Bain – W5Z6AC
- Bard – UER3JG
- Barliman Butterbur – XTVM8C
- Barrow Wight – 555R9C
- Beorn – KEID2V
- Bolg – ZIBYHO
- Braga – MXUXKO
- Elros – H2CAID
- Fimbul – THAVRM
- Galadriel – 00TE7J
- Gollum – 3CE37P
- Grinnah – TPD7YW
- Lindir – V4Y5HZ
- Master of Laketown – 9NOK35
- Narzug – 4FYKKB
- Necromancer – NM3I2O
- Percy – 74KN31
- Peter Jackson – 5OJEUC
- Rosie Cotton – TB4S6J
- Sauron – OARA3D
- Thror – SYKSXF
- Tom Bombadil – 4Y95TJ
- Witchking – V8AHMJ
- Yazneg – S6VV33
You will earn these characters through natural progression, but if you really want to cheat, you can do.
This game is similar to the LEGO Movie in that you have to use instructions to build certain things, you also need to ‘mine’ items and collect items in order to do so, there are a number of cheaty methods you can use to get an infinite supply.
Fast travel to Hobbiton. When you arrive, select “Bofur” as your character. Then, follow the river east until you see a box full of bread on the right. Destroy the box, and collect the wood and bread. Next, go straight through the fence to reach a small cave that contains random loot that can be mined. The random loot can be gold, silver, copper, iron, sapphire, ruby, emerald, diamond, or stone. After collecting the loot in the small cave, turn left to see a box of fish next to the bridge. Destroy the box of fish, and collect the items. After collecting the loot, pause the game, select “View Map”, and choose to fast travel to Hobbiton again. All loot will respawn. Repeat this process as many times as desired. This trick allows you to obtain enough loot to forge all the weapons and tools in the game.
Fast travel to Esgaroth, and go to the tower on the far right. Stand in the tower for two seconds to make this area your save location. Then, collect the nearby sapphire, ruby, emerald, and diamond. After collecting the loot, pause the game, select the “View Map” option, and choose to fast travel to Mirkwood. When the eagle drops you off, hold [Up] to cause your character to fall into the water. You will then respawn back at the tower in Esgaroth. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
There is also the locations of the red brick multipliers, there are no codes, but their locations have been made public.
Mithril Flail schematic location: At the beginning of the “Over Hill And Under Hill” level, change to an elf, then shoot arrows into the yellow slots on the cliffs. Swing on the arrows to reach the schematic. Then, forge the Mithril Flail item in the Bree blacksmith shop.
Red Brick location: Successfully complete the quest in Hobbiton during the daytime. The person giving the stud quest is in the far northern section of the map. Trade the Mithril Flail item to be able to purchase the x2 studs multiplier for 500,000 studs.
Mithril Shadow Blade schematic location: Go south and slightly east of Bree, and look for large yellow and purple sign post with arrows. Follow the yellow arrows; if you see a purple arrow, go the opposite direction to find the next yellow arrow. If you go the correct way, two yellow arrows will appear above some loose dirt. Dig in that area to find a key, then jump over to a special altar. Give it some crafting items, which can be purchased in Erebor, to obtain the schematic. Then, forge the Mithril Shadow Blade item in the Bree blacksmith shop.
Red Brick location: Travel to the High Pass east of Rivendell. Climb down the giant Lego brick cliff, swing across the gap, and then climb up to find the person giving the stud quest. Trade the Mithril Shadow Blade item to be able to purchase the x4 studs multiplier for 1,500,000 studs.
Mithril Construction Hat schematic location: On the road between Dol Guldur and Rhovanion, locate the goblin wall, and climb up it with a goblin character. Jump across the platforms, and plant a flower to reach the jump pads above. While on the mountain path, go to the cave entrance, and solve the puzzle by moving the large block to the high ledge. Then, set a fire, and smash the chest to get the schematic. Forge the Mithril Construction Hat item in the Bree blacksmith shop.
Red Brick location: The person giving the stud quest is on the southern shores of Moria, next to a Lego tent near the water. Trade the Mithril Construction Hat item to be able to purchase the x6 studs multiplier for 4,500,000 studs.
Mithril Beanstalk schematic location: In the snowy Pass Of Caradhras, far south of Rivendell, is a cave covered with mithril rocks. Smash the rocks to find the schematic inside, near a snowman. Then, forge the Mithril Beanstalk item in the Bree blacksmith shop.
Red Brick location: On the path south of Bree’s entrance from Hobbiton is the person giving the stud quest, on the edge of a cliff. Trade the Mithril Beanstalk item to be able to purchase the x8 studs multiplier for 10,000,000 studs.
Mithril Candle Staff schematic location: South of Dol Guldur in the forest, look for sparkling wooden bricks covering a cave entrance. Use the ring with Bilbo to destroy the planks. There is a locked altar inside that requires three hidden keys. Dig up the loose dirt on the right, shoot the target under the owl in the tree to the left, and break the bricks in the foreground left to collect all three keys. Use the three keys to open the locked altar and obtain the schematic. Then, forge the Mithril Candle Staff item in the Bree blacksmith shop.
Red Brick location: In the elven forest west of Dol Guldur, the person giving the stud quest will appear in the trees. Trade the Mithril Candle Staff item to be able to purchase the x10 studs multiplier for 20,000,000 studs. Note: Successfully complete the other optional quests first for this stud quest to become available.
Now that’s all the cheaty parts dealt with, we can move on to the important stuff!!
*Note: Information is sourced from here, this information is not mine.
- Morgul (black) bricks – Sauron, Necromancer, Barrow-wight, Witch-king
- Mithril (silver) bricks – Saurman
- Magic (blue) bricks – Gandalf, Radagast, Saruman
- Wraith (white) bricks – Bilbo
- Diamond targets (Slingshot) – Ori
- Circle targets (Bow) – Bard, Legolas, Tauriel, most other elf characters
- Grapple points – Dori
- Hammer slam – Dwalin, Sauron
- Mine stones – Bofur, Jimli the Blacksmith
- Grow plants – Fili, Sam
- Set fires – Sam
- Fish – Bilbo, Gollum
- Belly bounce (trampoline) – Bombur
- Climb walls – Goblin, Gollum
- Crawl through hatches – any dwarf or hobbit character
- Break small cracked Legos – any dwarf character
- Break large cracked Legos – any dwarf character in Buddy-Up, any Big-fig
- Epic strength abilities (orange handles) – Orcs and Big-fig
I thought that I would add this because like others, I sometimes wonder what is the quickest way to complete these games.
You can either go with playing through the story mode and then running around trying to do the free play world, or you could perhaps do the story levels and then go through them again knowing which characters you need, then you could do some of the free play at the same time.
However, as the title suggests, this is my recommendation. In the Introduction, I said that you would need a minimum of 2 playthroughs, this is the obvious, story mode and then the free play mode (as you cannot get everything in just one).
I would suggest that you focus on the storyline and try and find some secrets/treasures along the way, collect as many studs as you can, but don’t worry if you fall short. Once you’ve completed the story mode, you can do the bonus level, do this and you’ve got some achievements.
You want to replay through the levels to try and get everything that you can as you now have access to the majority of the characters. You will however need to unlock Saruman and Sauron as they have access to destroying special mithril bricks. Then simply just mop up what you’re missing.
I made the silly mistake of trying to do as much of the free roam world as possible with no characters, it’s not easy.
Complete Level 1.
Complete Level 2.
Complete Level 3.
Complete Level 4
Complete Level 5.
Complete Level 6.
Complete Level 7.
Complete Level 8.
Complete Level 9.
Complete Level 10.
Complete Level 11.
Complete Level 12.
Complete Level 13.
Complete Level 14
Complete Level 15.
Complete Level 16.
Once you’ve got access to Middle Earth, check the map and you’ll notice a lot of ?’s. SThese are quests, just simply complete all of these to get the achievement.
Just like in LEGO Lord Of The Rings, you must collect Mithril bricks to forge stuff. There are 250 bricks to be found, here is a breakdown of how many there are.
- Collect 1 by finishing each story level (16 total)
- Collect all 10 minikits in each story level (160 minikits total, 16 bricks)
- Collect each schematic in each story level (16 total)
- Collect all 4 treasure items in each level (64 treasure items, 16 bricks)
- Obtain Master Burglar status in each level (16 bricks)
That means that there are 80 Mithril bricks to obtain in Story mode and so you have 170 to find scattered all over Middle Earth.
Schematics are the designs that you use to forge items in the Blacksmith. There are a total of 16 to be obtained throughout story mode in each level and the other 16 are scattered all over Middle Earth. Here is a list of where to find them – I found this information online.
- Mithril Mirror Armour – Located in the “Greatest Kingdom” level.
- Mithril Tornado Axe – Located in the “Unexpected Party” level.
- Mithril Warhammer – Located in the “Azog the Defiler” level.
- Mithril Fishing Pole – Located in the “Roast Mutton” level.
- Mithril Skeleton Crank – Located in “The Troll Hard” level.
- Mithril Flail – Located in the “Over Hill And Under Hill” level.
- Mithril Claws – Located in the “Goblin Town” level.
- Mithril Music Kit – Located in the “Out of the Frying Pan” level.
- Mithril Multi-bow – Located in the “Queer Lodgings” level.
- Mithril Bomb Blade – Located in the “Flies And Spiders” level
- Mithril Pickaxe – Located in the “Barrels Out of Bond” level.
- Mithril Booty Blade – Located in the “Warm Welcome” level.
- Mithril Giddy-up Staff – Located in the “Looking For Proof” level.
- Mithril Wraith Armour – Located in “The Necromancer” level.
- Mithril Hammerhands – Located in “On The Doorstep” level.
- Mithril Firework Bow – Located in the “Inside Information” level.
- Mithril Bandit Gloves – Located in Lake-town.
- Mithril Beanstalk – Located in The Pass of Caradhras.
- Mithril Candle Staff – Located in Dol Guldur.
- Mithril Cathphrase Mallet – Located in The High Pass.
- Mithril Construction Hat – Located just East of Boern’s Homestead.
- Mithril Dance Boots – Located in Rivendell.
- Mithril Falcon – Located Northwest of Dale.
- Mithril Horse Shoes – Located in Rivendell.
- Mithril Megapult – Located Northwest of Bree.
- Mithril Mushroom Crown – Located North of Bree.
- Mithril Rhythm Stick – Located in Rivendell.
- Mithril Shadow Blade – Located in Weatherdrop.
- Mithril Skull Cap – Located in Trollshaws.
- Mithril Slippers – Located in the Elven Forest.
- Mithril Snowapult – Located in Dale.
- Mithril Stud Spade – Located in Hobbiton
During each level, you will pick up items of treasure. Whilst you’re roaming around Middle Earth, people will ask for certain items located in the different story levels. You effectively unlock them as you turn in the quests, but some of them are ridiculous like a beer hat or as plain as a simple sword. Anyway, 16 levels with 4 treasure items in each, so 64 pieces to collect.
Simply as it says, forge all of the Mithril treasure items.
There are 32 designs to forge, you forge using a mini game and selecting the appropriate button when prompted and ultimately filling the inner circle up, you do need loot to build these items, so make sure you have plenty before visiting the Blacksmith in Bree.
Quite simply, collect 10,000,000,000 studs. You cannot do this in co-op so don’t even try it. I recommend getting all of the multipliers (I mentioned where/how to get them earlier) to get this achievement.
Once all of them are switched on, you will have a multiplier over x 3000 and so it will be easy.
Simply collect all the set amount of studs needed in each level, using the multipliers makes this go easier and quicker, you do however get a Mithril block at the end of it. I read up on the numbers needed for each level, so this work below is not mine.
- The Greatest Kingdom in Middle-earth: 130,000 Studs
- An Unexpected Party: 70,000 Studs
- Azog the Defiler: 25,000 Studs
- Roast Mutton: 50,000 Studs
- The Troll Hoard: 65,000 Studs
- Over Hill and Under Hill: 80,000 Studs
- Goblin Town: 135,000 Studs
- Out of the Frying Pan…: 40,000 Studs
- Queer Lodgings: 30,000 Studs
- Flies and Spiders: 85,000 Studs
- Barrels out of Bond: 80,000 Studs
- A Warm Welcome: 60,000 Studs
- Looking for Proof: 85,000 Studs
- The Necromancer: 30,000 Studs
- On the Doorstep: 80,000 Studs
- Inside Information: 100,000 Studs
You get access to the bonus level right after completing the story. You have 5 minutes to destroy as much stuff and earn 1,000,000 studs with the Stone Titans. Ironically, the studs you collect actually count after the Bonus level is done.
You can check your current level of completion by pressing the start button, this will be displayed as a percentage.
So this is what you need to make sure that you’ve done in order to get 100%.
- Complete all 16 Story Levels
- Complete the Bonus Level
- Found all 250 Mithril Bricks
- Collected all 160 Minikits (10 per level)
- Unlocked and forged all schematics (16 in levels, 16 in free play)
- Customized a character
- Collected all 64 Treasure Items
- Unlocked and purchased all 98 playable characters
- Completed all quests
- Found all 32 Red Brick
You can obtain loot through the story and through free play, its the stuff lying around after you’ve smashed something. You should get this naturally within a few levels. If not, just farm it up in free play. You can collect 99 of any type of loot, whether it be food, ore or raw materials or in fact, any from the following picture.
Similar to the previous achievement, this requires you to just obtain ore loot. When you go to destroy rock ore with Bofur, just make sure that the arrow is in the middle of the bar to “perfectly” mine the loot.
Buddy attacks are new to this game, a buddy attack is when 2 compatible characters join forces to do a super attack, or break a certain piece of LEGO. They stand side by side or one sits on the others shoulders. Just simply do this 50 times.
I would start this out with one character set to Bilbo. Then you switch the other character accordingly, in turn, simply buddy up and defeat an enemy. It only counts if the dwarf actually kills the enemy. Once you’ve done that, cancel the link and use the next dwarf. I strongly suggest you write down the possible link ups. I’ve read that there are two places to farm this, Chapter 3 “Azog the Defilier” or in Chapter 10 “Flies and Spiders”. I’m not sure if the Lake or young versions count, but to be safe, I would suggest using the standard ones. Thorin’s Company includes:
Similar to the previous achievement, on Chapter 3. Just charge your stun (you’re immune whilst doing so) and stun approximately 5 enemies at a time, rinse and repeat and it’ll take you roughly 2 minutes to get.
You’re gonna be pimping yourself out now in a somewhat hilarious achievement, so firstly, you need to find the three items.
The treasure is found in Chapter 10. You’ll come across a Mithril brick that either a firework or Saruman can break, once broken, enter the secret area and use Bilbo to fish.
Mithril Dance Boots[/u]
Travel in free play to Rivendell and head through the eastern passage, you need to use some sick skills with an elf on tightropes etc.
Mithril Rhythm Stick
Again, travel to Rivendell and head south. You need to go towards the rough waters and look for a boat, head to a tiny island with Saruman and break the chest. Beware, it will cost you.
Once you’ve got all three, go to the blacksmith and craft them. Then simply select your bling.
If you played LEGO: Lord Of The Rings, this achievement is back! Instead of using Aragorn, you’re now using Thorin!
So all we need to do for this is find the blacksmith design for The Mushroom Crown, luckily I know where that is. Travel to Bree and to the north end and follow the path until you get the design, then travel back to the blacksmith and craft it, select Thorin and equip it.
The instruction builds were introduced in The LEGO Movie: Videogame. You simply have to match the parts when prompted to earn studs, earn 150,000 in total to net this achievement.
There is no online co-op.. sadly. Alas, you can get this simply by plugging another controller in and playing the bonus level which takes less than 5 minutes. The bonus level is accessible after finishing the main story.
There is a total of 98 characters to collect over the game. There are 56 characters during the story levels and the final 42 are dotted around Middle Earth. I like this idea because it gives the player some independence of finding the characters themselves as opposed to just “unlocking” them.
You also need to purchase everything in the character customizer in Lake-Town.
There are 16 story levels each with 10 minikits to be found in each level, so there are 160 minikits total to collect. You can get some of these during the main Story line, but I recommend waiting until you start moving through Free Play to get some of these – there are a few pre-requirements that will help you greatly.
- Sauron – He is the only character who can destroy Black Mithril bricks.
- Saruman – He is the only character who can destroy white Mithril bricks.
The other one is optional, this is the Red Brick for the Minikit detector.
The schematic is located in Lake Town near the center of town, you will need to enter the basement in order to get to it. It does cost 150,000 studs as well.
After you’ve done Chapter 9, travel back to the lodge and purchase Beorn. Then simply select him and hold B to transform.
You can get this achievement either at Beorn’s lodge, or in Lake town. Simply create a character, name, colour etc and it’ll unlock.