- Author : Carolina
- Time To Complete : Unknown
- Difficulty : Unknown
- Online : 0/85
- Offline : 85/85
- Missable : Unknown
- Glitched : Unknown
- Num Playthroughs : Unknown
It took me a while to get all this information together, I hope you will find this useful.
Screenshots and more information will be added as I advance in the game.
See “Coming Together II” for more information.
You can synthesis items in the Synthesis shop. You can combine two items or equipment to make one newer, better equipment or items, which cannot be bought by normal means.
Use black magic with Vivi in battle 100 times to earn this achievement.
Use white magic spells 200 times in battle with Eiko or Garnet to earn this achievement.
Use blue magic with Quina in battle 100 times to earn this achievement.
Self explanitory. See “Let The Bodies Hit The Floor III” for more information
Self explanitory. See “Let The Bodies Hit The Floor III” for more information
You will get this achievements while defeating monsters in random encounters through the game.
Stiltzkin offers to sell the group three items for a set price so he can continue his journey, but regardless of whether one buys the items or not he continues to travel and sell the items at each location. It is not mandatory to buy the items if one wants to keep meeting Stiltzkin. Also Stiltzkin will give you a Ribbon if you purchase all of his items.
If you inventory is full of any one item, he will not sell you the items (If you reach 99 of the items he is selling).
- Cleyra(After defeating Antilion)
- Fossil Roo
- Conde Petie Mountain Path
- Alexandria(When the queen dies)
- Bran Bal
- Alexandria(After you come back and get the airship)
Support abilities can be equipped from the Abilities section from the menu, and not all abilities can be equipped at once for the number of Magic Stones is limited. Party members learn new abilities from certain equipment pieces, and more Magic Stones by leveling up.
|Long Reach||Thief Hat
|MP Attack||Red Hat
|Bird Killer||Bronze Armor
|Bug Killer||Bronze Helm
|Stone Killer||Platinum Helm
|Devil Killer||Thunder Gloves
|High Jump||Dragon Mail|
|Master Thief||Thief Gloves|
|Steal Gil||Glass Armlet
|Add Status||Bone Wrist
|Gamble Defense||Twist Headband
|Power Up||Golden Skullcap|
|Reflect-Null||Robe of Lords
|Mag Elem Null||Promist Ring
|Concentrate||Robe of Lords
|Half MP||Light Robe
|High Tide||Quina’s Forks
|Counter||All of Amarant’s claws (apart from Rune Claws)
|Protect Girls||Butterfly Sword
|Eye 4 Eye||Kaiser Helm
|Body Temp||Holy Miter
|Level UP||Iron Helm
|Ability UP||Stardust Rod
|Bright Eyes||Feather Hat
|Restore HP||Platinum Helm
|Absorb MP||Promist Ring|
|Clear Headed||Gold Helm
|Odin’s Sword||Ancient Aroma|
Exit the village and return with anyone except Dagger or Amarant and talk to Lani twice. She mentions a secret at the Eidolon Wall.
The wall is now presented as a sort of side scrolling room and if you go all the way in one direction you’ll be back at the beginning. Go all the way in one direction and you will hear a chime. Now go back in the other direction. You need to do this, going back and forth, a total of 9 times hearing a chime each time.
On the 9th time your party’s HP & MP will be restored and all status ailments will be removed.
Now proceed back across the wall reading all the messages. There will be information about eidolons as well as messages that could be for Eiko. When you’re done return to Ifrit’s picture and an exclamation point will appear. Examine it and you’ll find a message for Dagger and her mother that states both their names.
After you find all 24 chocograph, cracks and bubbles, go back to the Chocobo’s Paradise and talk to Fat Chocobo. After Choco decided to stay with you, go back and talk to Fat Chocobo, he will give you a Fat Chocobo’s Card. Now you can play cards with him and he will tell Choco to go around all beaches in the world.
Stand at every beach and press the Cancel button.
And after you visit the 21 beaches in the world you can now restore your hp, mp and status by pressing Cancel on any of them.
For this you must find all the chocographs in the world map.
Far Away Lagoon
Bird’s Eye Lagoon
Sea at Dusk
Outer Island II
Mognet Central is the headquarters of the Mognet moogle mail service. It can only be accessed by a red, gold or a dark blue chocobo, and requires a Dead Pepper to locate. To repair the machine you need “Superslick”. In Alexandria, when you speak to Kupo at the Bell Tower, it will initiate a chain of letters which will reveal that Ruby has the object you need.
- Kupo – Alexandria
- Atlas – Burmecia
- Mogryo – Black Mage Village
- Kumool – Ipsen’s Castle
- Mois – Qu’s Marsh, Entrance of Foosil Roo (Bring Quina in your team)
- Noggy – Daguerreo
- Kupo – Alexandria (Again)
See “Going for the gold” fore more information.
Frog catching can be played at any Qu’s Marsh (you must have Quina in your party). Catching frogs powers up Quina’s Blue Magic spell Frog Drop, and can yield many rewards.
Quina can run around the marsh and catch a frog, showing its type. The player can then either keep the frog or release it. Quina cannot enter water and must catch the frogs when they are on dry or approach the dry. The frogs will always jump away from Quina towards the water, if she gets too close.
Leaving a male and female frog at each marsh ensures that the population will regenerate quickly, and leaving a golden frog will further boost the rate the frogs will spawn. There can be only one golden frog in-game at time, counting all four marshes.
Useful tip: Female frogs have a black stripe running the length of their bodies, which males lack. Females also have red feet while males have yellow. Frogs will disappear from the pond if single-gender groups are left behind on a marsh.
The golden frog can randomly spawn in one of the four marshes. The golden frog accelerates frog growth by lowering the maturity level requirements so for this achievement you should catch it only once and if you find it later in the game you should leave it behind with a male and female frog to reproduce more quickly.
- 2 Frogs: Ore
- 5 Frogs: Ether
- 9 Frogs: Silk Robe
- 15 Frogs: Elixir
- 23 Frogs: Silver Fork
- 33 Frogs: Bistro Fork
- 45 Frogs: Battle Boots
- 99 Frogs: Gastro Fork and battle with Quale
To get the Excalibur, you must purchase the Magical Fingertip from the Treno auction. You must have previously purchased Griffin’s Heart, Doga’s Artifact, Une’s Mirror, and the Rat Tail and sold them to buyers in Treno. After buying this go speak with the Old Man wandering the Library in Daguerreo. He’ll reminisce for awhile but if you have the Magical Fingertip he will part with his old sword, the Excalibur, in exchange for the item.
You can meet the Ragtime Mouse by travelling through forests in the world map. Ragtime asks you 16 questions, after you answer the last question you have to encounter him one more time, he will explode and give you a protect ring.
– When you are asked a question, you have 20 seconds to answer. If you do not answer within the 20 seconds, you are considered wrong.
– Ragtime Mouse will escape when you use Magic on it, or attack it.
– If you inflict 9,999, it will escape.
– If you use a Death related magic or summon, it will guard and escape.
– The only way to beat Ragtime Mouse is to answer all the questions correctly.
- The 15th war of Lindblum started in 1600. (X)
The 15th war began in 1601. See the statue of the three Pluto Knights in Alexandria Square.
- Chocobo’s Forest is located between Lindblum and South Gate. (O)
Hang a right at the Dragon’s Gate and keep going straight for a bit to find this forest sitting right in front of South Gate.
- “I want to be your canary” was written by Lord Afon. (X)
No, it was written by Lord Avon.
- The Prima Vista theater ship was built in Artania Shipyards. (X)
It was built in Zebolt Dockyards (in Lindblum). More information on the Prima Vista can be found in the very first room in the game, where Zidane lights his candle.
- Fossil Roo joins Treno and Alexandria. (X)
No, Gargan Roo does.
- Lindblum’s air cabs operate around the clock. (O)
Read the sign in the air cab station.
- The Berkmea cable cars have been running for 8 years. (O)
Ask a man at summit station and he’ll explain.
- Treno’s cafe, Card Carta, is members only. (O)
- Lindblum Castle is larger than Alexandria Castle. (O)
Alexandria is a castle town, while Lindblum is a bastide.
- Some Mu’s are friendly and don’t attack. (O)
There is a Friendly Monster that is a Mu, so yes.
- Theater Ship Prima Vista uses Mist as its source of energy. (O)
- Conde Petie is a village of goblins. (X)
It’s home to the dwarves.
- Only one desert exists in the entire world. (X)
There are two: the one Cleyra is in (Vube Desert) and the one the Desert Palace is in (Kierra Desert).
- Bobo bird is a bird that brings you fortune. (X)
It is said to give you happiness.
- Prima Vista means “Love at first sight.” (X)
It means “first sight.”
- You can defeat the Ragtimer. (O)
- Mu: Plains between the Ice Cavern and Dali.
- Ghost: Plains around Treno, or outside South Gate.
- Ladybug: Forest around Black Mage Village.
- Yeti: Large forest near Madain Sari, or plains between the Gizamaluke’s Grotto and Burmecia, the green area before the rain starts.
- Nymph: Outside the Iifa Tree, in small brownish forest area or grass field.
- Jabberwock: Seaways Canyon on the Forgotten Continent in a forest
- Feather Circle: Lost Continent the western end of the island. Southwest of Esto Gaza.
- Garuda: Popos Heights, plateau above Gizamaluke’s Grotto.
- Yan: Forest on Vile Island, just next to Iifa Tree with large mountain.
If you visited Morrid’s Tower when you went to the Village of Dali, you could see a miniature copy of the Prima Vista airship. Morrid will offer to give you the model if you can find and retrieve a set of three rare coffee beans for him: Moccha Coffee, Kirman Coffee and Burman Coffee.
- Moccha Coffee can be found at South Gate in the King Ed Plains. You will see an ATE earlier in the game where Tantalus visits South Gate, and Cinna makes the coffee.
- Kirman Coffee is located on the Outer Continent and found in Madain Sari in Eiko’s house.
- This coffee is located in Dali; however, there is only one chance to get it. Later in the game during the Card Tournament in Treno, you can leave Treno and travel to Dali through the South Gate. In Dali, you have the option of searching the Mayor’s house. You must start by searching the Mayor’s desk, then search the desk two more times until the boy says “Zzz”. Then search the stove to find the Mayor’s Key. With the key, it is possible to open a locked room in the windmill where the player can find the Burman Coffee.
Then return to Observatory Mountain to give the three coffees to Morrid, he will promise to send the Mini-Prima Vista ship to Lindblum. It can be found in the Tantalus Hideout on the floor near the bed.
Queen Stella is a noblewoman in the city of Treno who collects Stellazzio coins.
This is a ranking system which measures the amount of treasures the player has obtained during the playthrough, you can check your rank talking to Gilgamesh in Daguerreo.
The treasure hunting ranking is determined by a point system:
- 1 point for every opened chest, searched field icon, and item gained in an event sequence, and every key item purchased in Treno Auction House (with the exception of Magical Fingertip and Pearl Rouge).
- 2 points for every chest found on the world map while riding Choco.
You can participate as Vivi in Alexandria at the beginning of the game by approaching the girls jumping rope to the left of the ticket booth. Later, after Alexandria is attacked by Kuja and Bahamut, the girls relocate to the bell tower. Eiko can also play at this point.
- 20 Jumps = 10 Gil
- 50 Jumps = Cactuar Card
- 100 Jumps = Genji Card
- 200 Jumps = Alexandria Card
- 300 Jumps = Tiger Racket Card
- 1000 Jumps = King of Jump Rope
See “Hail to the king” for more information.
When you get to Lindblum you will participate in the Festival of the Hunt. Vivi will win if Zidane and Freya are defeated by Zaghnol. Zaghnol is found in the Business District’s Fountain Square, where the shops are, but it won’t appear until there is less than four and a half minutes left on the clock.
- Zidane: 5000 Gil
- Freya: Coral Ring
- Vivi: Theater Ship card
Finish the game (Congratulations!)
(A good place to level up is defeating Grand Dragons outside Daguerreo.)
The race is available for a very short time only, and the opportunity to race him ends when you see Ruby’s play. Hippaul and his mother, can be found on the main street in Alexandria.
Hippaul gains levels as he loses to Vivi during the successive races. He quickly becomes extremely fast and difficult to defeat. Every ten levels up to 80 the player is rewarded with a prize. Hippaul gains five levels if Vivi beats him by a lot, but he only gains one level otherwise.
|20||Carrion Worm Card|
|60||Nova Dragon Card|
You can play Blackjack in the main menu after you have finished the game.
See “It’s all in the cards III” for more information.
See “It’s all in the cards III” for more information.
Tetra Master is played between two players on a four-by-four square grid where cards are placed as the game progresses. Each card features four values written across the card, and may have arrows along the sides or in the corners.
Each player has five cards, neither knowing the other player’s hand. A coin-flip decides which of the two players shall begin. Before the game commences, up to six grid-blocks can be placed on the game grid randomly. These will blank that grid square out of game play. Blocks simply prevent a card from being placed in its grid square. Any arrow facing a grid block is useless.
- The player who controls the most cards when all cards have been placed is declared the winner. The winning player may take one of the cards from the opposition’s set, but only one which was captured during the game
- A game win is declared “perfect” if either player succeeds in controlling all of the cards at the end of a game. In this situation the winner claims all of his own cards and the opposition’s cards as his prize.
- Both players finishing with an equal number of cards results in a draw.
Every card has four values, or stats. In the example card above, the card has the stats 0-P-0-1. Each stat relates to the card’s strength. The second value (P) is always an alphabetical value, while the other three stats increase on a hexadecimal range, meaning they can range from 0-9, then through letters A-F.
- The first value is for the power of the card. (0 above)
- The second value is for the battle class of the card. (P above)
- The third value is for the physical defense of the card. (0 above)
- The fourth value is for the magical defense of the card. (1 above)
Each of the stats for power, physical defense and magical defense increase on a hexadecimal scale, with 0 being the weakest and F being the strongest.
Table range of possible hit points:
Whenever a card’s value is assessed a random value is chosen between the minimum and maximum numbers that correspond to the value.
The second value on the card is the battle class stat. This value is not based on the hexadecimal scale above, but instead is one of four classes. This stat is represented by the letters P, M, X, and A.
- P is a Physical battle class.
- M is a Magical battle class.
- X is a Flexible battle class.
- A is an Assault battle class.
These all affect which stat the attacking card attacks. P will attack the Physical Defense stat, while M will attack the Magical Defense stat. The other two have more obscure effects as they are rarer. X will attack the lowest of the two defenses and A will attack the lowest value on the card.
As well as its stat values, each card may have a set of arrows in any of eight directions. The arrows come into play when cards are in an attack situation. An attack on a card may only be made when an arrow on the challenging card is facing the resting card on the grid.
You can get back attacks randomly from monsters through the game.
Just use the steal command in battle 50 times with Zidane to get this achievement
Just use the defend command in battle 50 times to get this achievement
It’s better if you cast all this status on a character yourself
- Gradual Petrify
You will earn this achievement when you meet Steiner and Vivi in the Evil Forest. You’ll receive a quick explanation on Trance at the beginning of the battle.
Trance is this game’s take on Limit Breaks (it fills when you get hit), wherein a character gets access to special attacks for a period of 3 turns. Trance fades when the red meter empties.
Summon the eidolon Atomos. Atomos can be learned from an Amethyst.
- At the beginning impressing all 100 nobles, then talking to Queen Brahne as Steiner
- One is found in Conde Petie Mountain Path by inserting all four colored stones into a shrine
- Using an Emerald on the friendly Jabberwock any time after gaining access to the Forgotten Continent
- The last one can be bought from Stiltzkin when he returns to Alexandria.
Go to Quan’s Dwelling (West of Treno, a small cave in the mountains.) and keep on going through each of the screens. Eventually, you should reach a small balcony-like area. If your chocobo is upgraded enough (Mountain Red is the minimum level required), Zidane will notice bubbles in the water below. Use a Dead Pepper and Choco will jump in the water, giving you items including the Tiger Racket.
- Genji Gloves: Use Dead Pepper at foaming water at southern tip of Forgotten Continent while riding Choco or steal it from Lich.
- Genji Armor: Find it in the Outer Island chocograph treasure or steal it from Maliris.
- Genji Helmet: Find it inside the crack at east of the Forgotten Continent or steal it from Tiamat.
In Cleyra after you defeat Antlion and the Alexandria’s soldiers and mages arrived, you will have to guide some citizens to safety.
- When you head up the stairs at the top:
- Head to the Right
Head to the next area, you will meet Dan’s Family:
- Let’s go to the left
This will save them, and make you fight another Black Mage, and two Alexandrian Soldiers. Next screen:
- Head to the right
Now when you are near the observatory:
- No, we’re not safe yet