A recent announcement from Rockstar details the latest patch to be released for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. It has been rumoured that the eagerly awaited heists will be made available this month but it is looking like this will not be happening. A quote from Rockstar on their website,
Hey all, great to see so much excitement about the updates we have planned for GTA Online this Spring and beyond. For those asking when they can expect to see these updates, the first will be the Capture Creator, available next week. The High Life Update and Heists will be out later this Spring and stay tuned for further updates here on the Newswire.
This doesn’t completely rule out heists coming this month but it seems very unlikely that they would release this two patches so close together. So for now all we are going to be getting is the capture creator. For those who don’t know
“The Creator community will be able to make their own original customized Capture Jobs and add to the over 3.5 million (and counting) player-created Deathmatches and Races currently available on Social Club. Strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak tons of other variables to make your own unique Capture Job for others to take on. We will also be reviewing your homemade Capture creations to stamp standout experiences as Rockstar Verified.”
Along with Capture Creator, High Life and Heists, Rockstar have stated that we can also expect to see the following items be tweaked within the game.
- The addition of a ‘Non-Contact’ option for Races. This will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player vehicles. Other players will appear as semi-transparent and you’ll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode – for those who want to play it – will eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid.
- Players will be able to call Lester and have him tell his cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
- As a reward for players who leave feedback on Jobs, there will be some bonus RP granted every time a player likes or dislikes content after playing it.Â
- GTA$ payouts will be increased when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.Â
- As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.
- We’ll be fixing the issue where players who had upgraded personal vehicles prior to Title Update 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.