Welcome to this step by step game guide for the power room in Zero Time Dilemma. If you are having trouble in this room and are getting stuck on the puzzles, this guide will help you make it through.
- Begin with facing the control panel for the power room.
- Turn around 180 degrees to face a green machine with a meter to the right. Tilt the camera down to look at the floor and pick up the box of matches.
- Examine the red machine under the meter to open the gas valve.
- Examine the green machine to the left of the meter. Push the slider to the left.
Slider & Diverter
- The yellow lever on the right is pointing up with a green light next to it, indicating that power is going to the left side of the room. Follow the power pipe to a red machine with a green light on it.
- Open the top door to obtain a steel mold.
- Turn the switch to divert the power to the lower door.
- Open the bottom locker to obtain a cube puzzle. To solve the puzzle, rotate all sides of the puzzle so that they match. Completing the puzzle gives you two sink plugs.
- Examine the yellow box to the left of the locker and open the valve.
- Go back to the main power unit and switch the lever so that power is diverted to the right.
- Examine the second red locker. Open the top door to get a freezing extinguisher.
- Turn the switch to divert power to the lower door.
- Open the bottom locker to obtain a block of tin.
- Examine the yellow box next to the locker and open the valve.
Lighting the Heaters
- Equip the matches and examine the heater to the right. Tap the glass window to light the heater.
- Examine the second heater unit, which has an open drawer.
- Equip the steel mold and add it to the drawer. Then equip the block of tin and add it to the drawer as well.
- Again, equip the matches and tap the glass window to light this heater.
- Examine the grate at the bottom of the heater to obtain a key.
Lever & Main Power Unit
- Locate a machine with a lever to your left. Use the key on it and pull the lever.
- Go back to the main power unit. Examine the large blue pipe and open the valve.
- Go to the nearest sink and put a plugin, then turn the water on. Examine the cover for the drain outlet on the floor to fit it back in place.
- Repeat this process with the sink and drain on the other side of the room.
Monitor Activation & Letter Puzzle
- From the main power unit, go right until you see a yellow box, tucked into a corner. Turn it on to activate the central monitor. Examine the central monitor to begin a mini-game that requires you to put Greek letters onto an 8×10 grid with no overlaps.
Grid Puzzle Activation
- Completing the puzzle activates the second set of monitors to the left of the central bank. Examine these monitors to start another problem.
- Equip the freezing extinguisher and use it on the drainage ditches.
Power Room FAQ
How do I open the gas valve in the power room?
You can open the gas valve by examining the red machine located under the meter.
In Zero Time Dilemma’s power room, how do I solve the cube puzzle?
Open the bottom locker and you’ll find the cube puzzle. To solve it, rotate all sides of the puzzle until they match. Remember, you can rotate the cube, the first face you see isn’t all there is to the puzzle.
How do I light the heater in the power room?
Equip the matches and examine the heater to the right. Then, tap the glass window to light the heater.
I’ve got a steel mold and block of tin in Zero Time Dilemma’s power room, what do I do with them?
Examine the second heater unit, which has an open drawer. Equip the steel mold and add it to the drawer. Then equip the block of tin and add it to the drawer as well. Light this heater by equipping the matches and tapping the glass window.
How can I solve the letter puzzle on the central monitor in the power room of Zero Time Dilemma?
The puzzle requires you to position Greek letters onto an 8×10 grid such that there are no overlaps. Once on the grid, you can also rotate the Greek letters. [Refer to the detailed explanation in the game guide.]
What should I do with the freezing extinguisher in Zero Time Dilemma’s power room?
Equip the freezing extinguisher and use it on the drainage ditches.
In Zero Time Dilemma’s power room, how do I solve the grid puzzle on the second set of monitors?
Every column except the center one can be moved up or down, but only as far as the bars on each column will allow. Your goal is to align each laser with the correct part of the center block. [Refer to the detailed explanation provided in the game guide.]
How do I play the AB Game in the power room of Zero Time Dilemma?
Your decisions here will affect the outcome, so make sure to see all the possibilities. Firstly, choose “Ally”, then choose “Betray”. Once you’ve done these, the decision point will become a pulsing exclamation mark. Jump to this point to watch a new scene. If it’s your second playthrough, try reversing the order of decisions. Even though the results are the same, you see different dialogues.