The end is almost here. You have made it through the entire game and you have arrived at the final level. Your visit to the Lakeview Hotel is over and you will find yourself back at the alternative reality version of the hospital. The following step-by-step guide will help you get through this level and take on the final boss of Silent Hill 2.
Preparing for Adventure
- Begin your journey down the hall to your right, and spot the save point on the door. Take a moment to save your game here.
- Head downstairs and enter the reading room. Here are two things that will drastically impact your ending.
- A pair of headphones sit on the desk. It’s your choice whether you want to listen to it or not.
- Scan your eyes along the shelves and locate the book ‘Crimson Ceremonies.’ This tome is the fourth and final item for the special ending.
- Exit the room and step into the West corridor.
- Each door in the West corridor will now teleport you to a different reality when you walk through it. But, don’t fret! I’ve got your back. You want to aim for Room 202, which is situated at the very top on your right.
- Once you go through that door, you’ll find yourself in the East corridor. Don’t forget to grab the two ‘Handgun Bullets’ from the window before moving on.
- Head South into the double doors to reach the main hall. See that elevator over there? You can ride that bad boy straight down to the basement. But just before you do, make sure to pick up the two ‘Ampoule items.
Exploring the Basement
- Enter the bar and pick up the five ‘Health Drink’ items sitting on the counter.
- Continue your path into the kitchen where you’ll come across two ‘Rifle Shells,’ two ‘Shotgun Shells,’ and a ‘First-Aid Kit.’ Quite the loaded kitchen, wouldn’t you say?
- With your loot secured, proceed to the next hallway and enter the stairwell for a cinematic scene. Afterward, leave through the door and find yourself back in the normal stairwell.
- Feeling fit? Good. It’s time to climb the stairs and enter the door at the top.
- Run along the hall, picking up two ‘Ampoule’ items along the way, and then go through the door at the end.
- The path from here is completely linear—no more mind-boggling twists and turns for gamers! Cross the grated path with the hangers, proceed through the door, and in the next area, use one of the nine save points pasted on the wall. Finally, head through the doors and watch the scene unfold.
Battle with Pyramid Heads
- Equip Your Hunting Rifle – Start off by equipping your Hunting Rifle. This weapon is your best friend in this fight because it has superior range, enabling you to land shots while maintaining a safe distance from the Pyramid Heads.
- Limit Your Shots and Utilize a Strategy of Patience – Patience is the key to this boss fight. Although it might be tempting to get off as many shots as you can, you need to exercise control and only fire off about two shots at a time. Maybe three if you’re feeling lucky and the Pyramid Head’s movements are predictable.
- Strategically Move Across the Room – Once you have shot at the Pyramid Heads, immediately strafe-run to the opposite side of the room. This is to ensure that you avoid their slow yet lethal attacks. Remember, these bosses’ movements are far too slow to have them hit you while you’re running.
- Reload Your Weapon Using the Menu – Rather than auto-reloading your weapon in the game (which can be an incredibly slow process), use the game’s menu to reload. This way, you save precious time, keeping you a step ahead of the Pyramid Heads.
- Mind Your Shot Count and Avoid Greed – The only two things that can compromise your strategy at this point are:
- If you get greedy and fire too many shots without moving – this would allow the Pyramid Heads to catch up and hit you.
- You forget to reload and find yourself defenseless when the Pyramid Heads are closing in on you.
So, remember to always keep moving, and don’t let your thirst for damage overrule your sense of survival!
The Final Stretch
- Approach the two doors at the top of the room, where you’ll pop in the two eggs – one in each door. Regardless of the order, continue North into the next hallway.
- Eavesdrop on a background conversation. Whether you choose to listen to the entire thing or to walk through the door early will affect your ending. So choose wisely!
- Move onward through the door and up the large metal stairs, then sit back and enjoy the final cutscene.
The Final Boss Battle
- You’re almost there, champ! You now face the final boss, a creature that releases moths as its primary weapon. Remember to avoid its attacks by running and strafing effectively.
- Arm yourself with the Hunting Rifle to inflict the most damage, but don’t get ahead of yourself—you’ll only get one shot max between sessions of evading the moths.
- Now, muster up your courage to strike the final blow with any weapon of your choice. There is satisfaction in all of them, be it the Wooden Plank, the Steel Pipe, or the Great Knife. It’s victory time – engage your weapon of choice and show that boss who’s the ultimate gamer!
Silent Hill 2 End Game FAQ
What items are necessary for the special ending in Silent Hill 2’s final Hospital level?
To accomplish the special ending in the final Hospital level of Silent Hill 2, you need to collect four items. While in the reading room, you will find two items that significantly impact your ending. The first is a pair of headphones that you may choose to listen to or not. The second important item is the book ‘Crimson Ceremonies,’ which you can find on the shelf. You must pick up the two ‘Ampoule’ items before using the elevator in the main hall. And finally, after defeating Pyramid Heads, you obtain the ‘Scarlet Egg’ and ‘Rust-Colored Egg.’
How can I avoid Pyramid Head’s attacks during the boss battle?
During the boss battles with the Pyramid Heads, it is crucial to use a strategy of patience. As tempting as it may be to unleash a flurry of gunfire, limiting your shots will help avoid retaliatory strikes. Equip your character with the Hunting Rifle due to its superior range, fire off about two or three shots, and then strafe-run to the opposite side of the room. Ensure you reload your weapon in the menu and not in the game, which makes you vulnerable to attacks.
How do the items ‘Scarlet Egg’ and ‘Rust-Colored Egg’ help in the final level of Silent Hill 2?
After defeating the boss Pyramid Heads, you receive the ‘Scarlet Egg’ and ‘Rust-Colored Egg.’ These items are key to progressing through the level. Approach the two doors at the top of the room and place an egg in each. The order doesn’t matter, and choosing any door to enter doesn’t affect your game.
How can I defeat the final boss in Silent Hill 2?
The final boss, an obnoxious moth creature, relies primarily on distraction as her form of attack rather than inflicting damage. The moth attack can be avoided by running and strafing. Equip your character with the Hunting Rifle to deal the most damage. You will only get one shot max between sessions of evading the moths. After approximately fifteen shots (on normal difficulty), the boss will be defeated, and you can deliver your final blow with any weapon you prefer.