Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the various currencies in the expansive world of Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). As you traverse the diverse regions of Tamriel, you’ll quickly realize that understanding the different currencies and their uses is crucial for your growth and success in the game. Whether you’re a seasoned player or a newcomer to the realm, this guide aims to provide you with a clear and concise overview of the in-game currencies, their purposes, and how to effectively manage and utilize them to enhance your ESO experience.
In the following sections, we will delve into the intricacies of the multiple currencies present in ESO, including gold, alliance points, crowns, writ vouchers, and more. Each currency serves a unique purpose and is acquired through distinct methods, such as participating in PvP activities, completing quests, or engaging in the game’s economy. Our guide will provide you with essential information on how to obtain these currencies, their uses, and how to maximize their value, ensuring that you’re well-equipped to navigate the complex and rewarding economy of Elder Scrolls Online.
Gold is the primary currency in ESO and is used for a wide range of transactions, including purchasing items from vendors and other players, repairing gear, and paying for services such as fast travel and crafting research. Here are some ways to earn gold in ESO:
- Questing: Completing quests rewards you with gold, gear, and experience.
- Selling items: You can sell items to vendors or other players through the in-game guild store or direct trading.
- Crafting: Crafting items and consumables can be sold to other players for gold.
- Looting: Looting chests, enemies, and resource nodes can yield valuable items that can be sold for gold.
- Daily rewards: Logging in daily can sometimes reward you with gold or valuable items.
Alliance Points (AP)
Alliance Points are a PvP-focused currency earned by participating in the Alliance War, ESO’s large-scale PvP mode. AP can be used to purchase various items and services, including:
- Siege equipment: Ballistae, trebuchets, and other siege weapons used during PvP battles.
- PvP gear: PvP-specific gear sets and weapons.
- PvP consumables: Items such as forward camps, repair kits, and siege repair kits.
- Transmutation crystals: Used to change the traits on your gear.
You can earn AP through the following activities:
- Capturing keeps and resources: Participating in the capture of keeps, farms, mines, and lumber mills in Cyrodiil.
- Killing enemy players: Defeating enemy players in PvP combat.
- Healing allies: Healing and supporting your teammates during PvP battles.
- Completing PvP quests: Daily quests available in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds.
Tel Var Stones
Tel Var Stones are a currency unique to the Imperial City, a PvP/PvE hybrid zone in ESO. Tel Var Stones can be used to purchase the following items:
- Imperial City gear sets: Unique gear sets exclusive to the Imperial City.
- Crafting materials: Rare materials used for crafting powerful gear.
- Hakeijo runes: A rare rune used to create powerful enchantments.
- Lockboxes: Containers that have a chance to contain valuable items.
You can earn Tel Var Stones through the following activities in the Imperial City:
- Killing enemies: Defeating enemy players and NPCs in the Imperial City.
- Completing quests: Daily quests available in the Imperial City.
- Looting chests: Chests found throughout the Imperial City can contain Tel Var Stones.
Writ Vouchers are a currency earned by completing master crafting writs, which are high-level crafting quests available to players who have maxed out their crafting skill lines. Writ Vouchers can be used to purchase various items and services, including:
- Crafting stations: Personal crafting stations for your player home.
- Attunable crafting stations: Crafting stations that can be attuned to specific crafting sets.
- Furniture recipes: Rare recipes for crafting furniture items.
- Storage chests and coffers: Personal storage containers for your player home.
To earn Writ Vouchers, you must first obtain a master crafting writ by completing daily crafting writs or purchasing them from other players. Then, complete the master crafting writ to receive Writ Vouchers as a reward.
Crowns are ESO’s premium currency, purchased with real money through the in-game Crown Store or as part of an ESO Plus subscription. Crowns can be used to buy various items, services, and upgrades, including:
- DLC and expansions: Access to additional game content, such as new zones and quests.
- Mounts and pets: Unique and exclusive mounts and pets for your character.
- Costumes and appearance items: Cosmetic items to customize your character’s appearance.
- Utility items: Experience scrolls, research scrolls, and other convenience items.
- Player homes: Unique and exclusive player homes for your character.
It’s important to note that while Crowns can provide convenience and cosmetic items, ESO is designed to ensure that players cannot gain a significant gameplay advantage by spending real money.
Understanding the various in-game currencies in ESO and their uses can help you make the most of your resources and enhance your gaming experience. By participating in different activities, such as questing, PvP, crafting, and exploring, you can earn a variety of currencies to purchase items, services, and upgrades that suit your playstyle and preferences.