Welcome to Room 9: The Library, from 999. You will reach this room after making it through the engine room behind door 6. In Room 9, you’ll be accompanied by three other characters – Junpei, Seven, and Clover, as you navigate an environment rich with hidden clues, complicated mechanisms, and symbolic narratives.
Room 9: Library Guide
Welcome to Room 9: Library, an integral part of the Nonary Game that sees Junpei joined by Seven, Snake, and Clover. This guide will walk you through every step of the room, focusing on critical plot points surrounding the events from nine years ago. Prepare to enter a new realm of enigmas and revelations, as the events unravel with the discovery of three pop-up books, three light bulbs, and intriguing mechanisms.
Light Bulbs and Pop-Up Books
- Locate the first light bulb in the lower/right section near the table. Move some books to reveal the message “Open here, find bulb”.
- Turn left and find a picture book on the middle shelf of the lower/left area.
- In the upper/left area, search for another light bulb hidden behind a book on the lower/right shelf.
- Turn left, and locate another picture book on the middle shelf on the left side of the metallic doors.
- Turn right and find the third pop-up book in the lower/right section of the middle shelf.
Code for Double Doors
- Go downstairs and examine the bookshelves behind the stairs.
- Find another picture book in the lower/right area.
- Investigate the double doors and take note of the numbered books through the glass.
- Use the book number (632415) on the lock to open the doors.
- Obtain the light bulb from the lower left area.
- Examine the three picture books in the item screen for pop-ups.
- Place the books on the stands in the middle of the downstairs area.
- Place the light bulbs in the lights to reveal the SHELDRAKE-5 clue, which initiates a conversation with Snake about the events from nine years ago and telepathy.
- Locate the bookshelf with matching book colors in the lower/left area.
- Tap the fifth Sheldrake book to reveal a button, then press it.
- Go upstairs, where the metallic door has retracted, and check the monitor in the middle.
- Input the password (DEAD in hexadecimal) to open the door on the right.
Zero’s Study Puzzles
- Use the map on the drafting table on the right side.
- Go to the machine on the right and find a puzzle where each row and column must sum up to the same value (hexadecimal numbers).
- Light up every square except the upper/left and bottom/middle.
- Press the middle square, upper/left square, and middle/right square in any order.
- Obtain the cross emblem on the right.
- Locate the machine on the left, which requires four emblems.
- Go to the steering puzzle on the left machine.
- Follow the directions: south, west, southeast, northeast, east, north, east.
- Receive the helm emblem after solving the puzzle.
- Move on to the middle machine for the Morse code puzzle.
- Type “ice” (two dots, a dot-dash dot-dash, and a dot) to receive the code emblem.
Coffin and Emblems
- Turn all the way left and open the shutter on the right.
- Investigate the coffin inside and retrieve the Neptune key and the coffin emblem.
- Go to the four-emblem machine and follow Snake’s instructions to insert the emblems.
Final Puzzle: Sudoku
- Solve the Sudoku puzzle with the numbers upside down.
- Fill in the grid as follows (rotated by 180 degrees):
431 872 569587 649 213629 351 874245 968 731168 723 495973 415 628394 286 157716 594 382852 137 946
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the last puzzle of the game. Enjoy the ending and discover the fate of our heroes. If you enjoyed this game, be sure to check out its fantastic sequel, Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward.
Room 9: Library Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I find all the light bulbs in the library in Room 9?
- The first light bulb can be found in the lower/right section, near the table. Just move some books around to reveal a secret message: “Open here, find bulb”.
- The second bulb is hidden in the lower/right shelf of the upper/left area.
- The final bulb is found after inputting the book numbers (632415) on the lock of the double doors downstairs.
- Where can I find all the pop-up books in Room 9?
- The first pop-up book is on the middle shelf of the bottom/left area.
- The second one is on the lower/right of the middle shelf after you have turned left from the metallic doors.
- The third one is downstairs, in the lower/right bookshelves behind the stairs.
- What is the sequence to open the double doors in the library?
- Look at the books through the glass where each book is numbered. Use the number (632415) on the lock to open the door.
- What actions should I take on the SHELDRAKE-5 clue in Room 9?
- Examine all three picture books for pop-ups in the items screen. Place them on the stands in the middle of the downstairs area, and fit the bulbs into lights. This will drop the clue ‘SHELDRAKE-5’.
- How do I solve the addition puzzle in Zero’s Study in Room 9?
- You need to light up every square on the machine except the upper/left and bottom/middle squares. The correct sequence is pressing the middle square, the upper/left square, and the middle/right square in any order. This will help you get the cross emblem on the right.
- How do I open the shutter and what is inside it in Room 9?
- Turn left and open the shutter on the right. Inside is a coffin that contains the Neptune key and the coffin emblem.
- How do I solve the final Sudoku puzzle in Room 9?
- This Sudoku puzzle is upside down. Fill in the grid in the following sequence (rotated by 180 degrees):
- 431 872 569587 649 213629 351 874245 968 731168 723 495973 415 628394 286 157716 594 382852 137 946
- What happens after completing the Room 9 puzzles?
- After completing the Room 9 puzzles, you can watch the game’s ending to see what happens with the characters. If you enjoyed this game, the sequel, Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward, is highly recommended.