Edward 40 Hands is a social drinking game that tests both your drinking abilities and patience. Named after the movie “Edward Scissorhands”, this game is all about the challenge of managing two large bottles of beverage without the ability to use your hands for anything else. This guide will provide a complete overview of how to play, including the necessary materials, rules, and some tips and strategies.
What You’ll Need
- 40-Ounce Bottles: Each player needs two 40-ounce bottles of malt liquor, beer, or any beverage of choice. The larger size adds to the challenge and is where the game gets its name.
- Duct Tape: This is used to secure the bottles to the players’ hands.
- Participants: The game can be played with as few as two people but is often more fun with a larger group.
- Tape the Bottles: Once everyone has their two 40-ounce bottles, tape one bottle securely to each hand using the duct tape. Ensure the tape is secure, but not so tight as to cut off circulation.
- Bathroom Break: Ensure all players have used the bathroom prior to the game starting. This is crucial as players will not be able to use their hands until they’ve finished both their beverages.
Rules of Edward 40 Hands
- No Untaping Early: Players must keep the bottles taped to their hands until they have finished drinking both bottles.
- No Bathroom Breaks: Players aren’t allowed to use the bathroom until they’ve finished their drinks.
- Last One Drinking: The last player to finish their drinks is often declared the “loser”, but the game is more about endurance and entertainment than winning or losing.
How to Play Edward 40 Hands
- Begin Drinking: Once the bottles are securely taped to all players’ hands, the game begins. Players start drinking from their 40-ounce bottles.
- Continue Until Finished: Players must continue to drink from their bottles until they are finished. They cannot remove the bottles from their hands until they have consumed the entirety of both beverages.
A Few Tips
- Pace Yourself: It might be tempting to rush and finish your drinks as quickly as possible, especially if you need to use the restroom. However, drinking too quickly can lead to intoxication and potential alcohol poisoning.
- Plan Ahead: Use the bathroom and make sure you won’t need to do anything that requires your hands during the game. Remember, once the bottles are taped to your hands, they cannot be removed until they’re empty.
- Drink Responsibly: While Edward 40 Hands is a fun game, it’s important to always prioritize safety and know your limits when it comes to alcohol consumption.
Edward 40 Hands is a popular, humorous, and often challenging game. However, due to its nature of rapid and excessive alcohol consumption, it’s crucial to remember to drink responsibly. Always ensure that all participants are of legal drinking age and are aware of their alcohol tolerance levels. Never let someone participate who feels uncomfortable or who might be at risk of overconsuming alcohol.