Materials in Destiny 2 are resources used to upgrade weapons and armor, purchase gear, and complete various activities and quests. Some of the most important materials in Destiny 2 include:
- Glimmer: The game’s currency, used to purchase weapons, armor, and other gear from vendors and players.
- Upgrade Modules: Used to increase the light level of gear by consuming another, higher light level piece.
- Enhancement Prisms: Used to upgrade legendary and exotic gear to their maximum potential.
- Ascendant Shards: A rare material used to upgrade certain weapons and armor.
- Enhancement Cores: Used to upgrade armor and weapons.
These materials can be obtained by completing various in-game activities and challenges, such as Strikes, Raids, and Crucible matches. In addition, they can be purchased from vendors using Glimmer or other currencies. Materials play an important role in Destiny 2, allowing players to upgrade their weapons and armor, purchase gear, and advance their characters and progress in the game.